Winterizing your car should be something every car owner needs to consider. It has to be said it is not as intense as it was with cars made in the 1960’s and 1970’s but there are still things you can do to make sure your car is fully prepared for the winter months. Read on to learn more.
- Make sure the hoses and belts that keep your enging running are in good condition. Look for wear and tear and if they need replaced, replace them without delay.
- Change your oil and use an oil that is less thick than you use in the summer months as the thicker oil in cold conditions will not get through your engine as well. Check out your car handbook for further advice.
- Keep emergency supplies in your vehicle.
- Look at the anti-freeze mixture. Usually it should be a 50: 50 mix to make sure the coolant in the radiator will not freeze. you can find an antifreeze a tester at almost any auto parts store.
- If your vehicle has four-wheel drive, have it checked before the bead weather sets in. This will make sure the transmission runs smoothly.
- Check out your tire pressure. Remember your tire pressure will drop around 1 psi for every ten degrees the temperature drops.
- Snow tires may be a good idea. Made from softer rubber allowing greater flexibility even in the worst cold weather of winter as well as adding traction to your vehicle.
- Ensure your wiper fluid is full and change out your wiper blades. Some blades are especially designed for the winter weather and may be a very worthwhile investment. Make sure as well your wiper fluid resevoir with a brand of wiper fluid that possesses a lower freeze point.
Schedule Battery Replacement In Scottsdale
Call or Stop by Our Shop In Scottsdale, Arizona. In addition to being a full-service gas station, we employee ASE Certified mechanics that work on imports and domestic vehicles alike. When you need new brake pads, brake rotors, or other brake services such as a brake fluid system flush our team is here to help! Conveniently located in Scottsdale we can tend to nearly any vehicle repair or maintenance need. Stop by our Shop In Scottsdale located at 7171 E Lincoln Dr. Scottsdale, Arizona 85253 or by giving Bridwell Automotive Center a call today (480) 948-4781.