COMPLETE AUTOMOTIVE DIAGNOSTICS & EXPERT REPAIR SERVICES!
BRIDWELL TRANSMISSION REPAIR SERVICES
FOR ANY “TRANSMISSION REPAIRS IN SCOTTSDALE” OUR CERTIFIED TEAM OF TRANSMISSION REPAIR TECHNICIANS CAN HELP!
When you are searching for “Transmission Repair Scottsdale” our certified team of transmission repair technicians can help! We offer both transmission repair and transmission maintenance to keep your vehicle running smooth. Whether your vehicle won’t shift, you feel gears slipping, there’s a burning smell, you feel grinding, or hear unusual noises we can help find the transmission problem and repair it.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD TRANSMISSION FLUID BE CHANGED?
YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR TRANSMISSION FLUID REGULARLY TO GET GOOD AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE IN OUR SCOTTSDALE DRIVING CONDITIONS.
The recommended mileage could be anywhere from 15,000 to 100,000 miles. Many experts recommend changing the fluid and filter every 25,000 miles. While some transmissions have drain plugs to remove the old fluid, most require a technician to remove the transmission oil pan. This is a messy job that Bridwell can take care of for you. When the pan is removed, the technician checks for metal shavings and debris. These are indicators of impending transmission problems. Usually only about half the oil is able to be removed from the unit. Much of the oil is left in the torque converter and cooler lines. Bridwell will make sure that the correct fluid is used to re-fill the transmission, using manufacturer guidelines. If a transmission is shifting too early or too late, it may require an adjustment to the throttle cable. Throttle cables rarely go out of adjustment on their own. Mis-adjustments are usually due to other repair work or damage from an accident. Many problems that seem to be transmission problems disappear after a tune-up or engine performance related repair is completed.
APPLY HERE FOR A BRIDWELL’S CONSUMER CREDIT CARD!
- APPLY TODAY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SPECIALS!
- AUTO REPAIR FINANCING ON REPAIRS OVER $199!
- SPECIAL AUTO REPAIR FINANCING 0% INTEREST FOR 6 MONTHS!
We recommend that every driver should try to extend the life of your automatic transmission by keeping it cool, and keeping it clean. It is especially important in the harsh environment we drive in and how far we drive. From the intense radiant heat of the road, to the driving conditions in Scottsdale with the constant stop and go traffic. The following are there are 3 main ways to service automatic transmissions!
- CHANGE THE FILTER AND OIL – Both inside the transmission and about 30% to 40% of the oil. This method is the only way to look at internal wear in a transmission. As the transmission wears down, metal debris will collect in the filter and on a magnet that is placed inside the transmission. Examining these two parts can give a technician important information that no other method can provide. The only drawback is that all of the fluid is not changed. We mitigate this problem by adding a fortifying agent such as BG Transmission Conditioner.
- FLUSH ALL TRANSMISSION FLUID – It is a good way to change transmission fluid. But it does not give the technician a chance to see the filter. The filter may show evidence of transmission damage, and simply flushing the transmission fluid will not reveal this wear and tear. We advise the use of this method only in newer cars.
- DRAIN AND REFILL SOME OF THE FLUID – Many manufacturers provide a drain plug to drain transmission fluid just like motor oil. However, when draining your transmission fluid in this manner only about 30% to 40% of the fluid gets changed at a time. Because of this, we recommend that during the third year, or at 30,000 miles, you begin draining and refilling once a year to keep your transmission fluid at the proper levels, and your transmission properly inspected for wear.
SCHEDULE TRANSMISSION REPAIR | TRANSMISSION FLUSH
TO SCHEDULE YOUR TRANSMISSION SERVICE CALL (480) 948-4781!
If your vehicle is shifting hard, not going into gear, or you’ve noticed signs that a transmission flush is needed call today to schedule your service. Our team of ASE certified technicians have the tools, training, and experience to diagnose a transmission problem and repair it properly.
AUTO REPAIR & MECHANIC SERVICES IN SCOTTSDALE
TAP THE AUTO REPAIR OR MAINTENANCE SERVICE THAT FITS YOUR NEEDS AND CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
WE ARE THE ONLY FULL SERVICE GAS STATION IN ARIZONA. CLICK THE LOGO TO LEARN MORE!
We are proud to be the only remaining full service gas station in the entire Arizona area, proudly offering Sinclair Gasoline from an American-owned and operated company.